The Environmental Committee relies heavily on both its leadership and members to fulfil its important mission to:
- Promote environmental protection and sustainable development at the Institute.
- Raise awareness of environmental and sustainable development issues among students, administration, staff and faculty.
- Promote healthy, environmentally-friendly and sustainable policies within the Institute.
The nitty-gritty of how we function and what duties we assume can be read in our statutes.
The Committee is comprised of members with a specific function, i.e. the Leadership, which includes the President, the Vice-President, the Treasurer, Social Media and Communications Coordinators, the Events Coordinators and finally Representaitves to the “Target Initiatives”.
Equally important are the members involved in Environmental Committee activities, events and/or issue-based working groups. These include the Coordinators of EC projects and cooperatives like SCOOP, Save the Food and more.
The 2021-2022 Leadership of the Environmental Committee includes:
- Marta La Placa / President
- Nadia Lea Bucher / Vice-President
- Jessica Merriman / Co-Director Communications
- Shreya Anand / Co-Director Communications
- Anmol Yagnik / Website Manager
- Varsha Nitish / Design Head
- Yux Seow
- Maya Mauroof
- Maya Salama
- Benjamin Sinan Welch
- José Daniel Reyes Silva
- Ambra Al Keylani
- Peter Wetherbee
- Joey Wagner
Target Initiative on Sustainability:
- Marta La Placa & Jeanne Cordy / Project Leaders
- Pierre Canet / Cafeteria Relations
- Heli Shah / Recycling
- Zoe Spence / Community Gardens