The Environmental Committee relies heavily on both its leadership and members to fulfil its important mission to:
- Promote environmental protection and sustainable development at the Institute.
- Raise awareness of environmental and sustainable development issues among students, administration, staff and faculty.
- Promote healthy, environmentally-friendly and sustainable policies within the Institute.
The nitty-gritty of how we function and what duties we assume can be read in our statutes.
The Committee is comprised of members with a specific function, i.e. the Leadership, which includes the President, the Vice-President, the Treasurer, Social Media and Communications Coordinators, and finally a Representaitve to the “Comité de Développement Durable” and to the “Commission de Développement Durable”.
Equally important are the members involved in Environmental Committee activities, events and/or issue-based working groups. These include the Coordinators of EC projects and cooperatives like SCOOP, Save the Food and more.
The 2021 Leadership of the Environmental Committee includes:
- Hugo Brandam / President
- Ryan Maia / Vice-President
- Annia Costermani
- Ryan Maia
- Iida Lehto / Communications Director
- Sonja Plüss / Website Manager
- Arveen Sodhi / Design Specialist
- Gaia Grasselli / Design Specialist
- Monideepa Mukherjee / Social Media Coordinator
- Catherine Puga
- Tobias Drilling
- Lucile Mougeat
- Khaliun Purevsuren
Comité (et Commission) de développement durable:
- Hugo Brandam / Project Lead
- Ralitza Naydenova / Recycling
- Clara Danbakli / Cafeteria Relations