The Environmental Committee relies heavily on both its leadership and members to fulfil its important mission to:
- Promote environmental protection and sustainable development at the Institute.
- Raise awareness of environmental and sustainable development issues among students, administration, staff and faculty.
- Promote healthy, environmentally-friendly and sustainable policies within the Institute.
The nitty-gritty of how we function and what duties we assume can be read in our statutes.
The Committee is comprised of members with a specific function, i.e. the Leadership, which includes the President, the Vice-President, the Treasurer, Social Media and Communications Coordinators, the Events Coordinators and finally Representatives to the “Target Initiatives”.
Equally important are the members involved in Environmental Committee activities, events and/or issue-based working groups. These include the Coordinators of EC projects and cooperatives like SCOOP, Save the Food and more.
The 2022-2023 Team of the Environmental Committee includes:
- Camille / President
- Clara / Vice-President, in charge of the SCOOP & Save the Food programs
- Raghu / Communications
- Sebastian / Events Manager
- Christine / Treasurer
- Varun / Liaison for the Target Initiative for Sustainability
- Emm / Liaison for the Target Initiative for Sustainability & Website manager
- Juan Diego / Podcast Manager